Recipe Courtesy of TruffleNation Bakery Classes.
It may sound strange but strawberry, coffee, and rhubarb all together are an amazing combination. The strawberry rhubarb coffee cake is my most recent creation. After working for days I have finally mastered the recipe of amazing things. All the three contrasting things make an ultimate blend all together. A fruity and sweet taste splashes out from the inner core of the cake because of rhubarb and strawberry. While the coffee flavored crumbs act as munch and crunchy topping for the dessert.
Now it’s time for you shift from normal and common sweets to some better and unique deserts. You can eat or serve it on any occasion. Surely cooking this cake is not at all easy but with my technique and ideas you can prepare this cake at your home very easily. All you need to do is follow all of my steps and instructions very carefully. So let’s begin to cook one of the ultimate desserts of all time. Remember to enjoy each bite of it. All the best, ‘ hope you like it.
LIST OF INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPINGS
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1 cup of all-purpose flour
• 2 – 3 tablespoon butter
LIST OF INGREDIENTS FOR FILLINGS
• 4 tablespoon corn-starch
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 cups of rhubarb (frozen)
• 1-quart fresh strawberries (smashed)
LIST OF INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE
• 2 cups of buttermilk
• 2 – 4 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 2 – 3 eggs
• 4 – 6 tablespoon sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 – 4 tablespoon melted butter
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
STEPS TO COOK DELICIOUS RHUBARB COFFEE CAKE
• Take out a large size saucepan.
• Preheat it on low flame for 3 – 5 minutes at least.
• Take lemon juice, some strawberries and rhubarb. Put it all in the saucepan.
• Combine it all and mix it for allow it to cook on medium flame.(At least for 5 minutes)
• Stir the mixture.
• As you continue to stir, add some sugar and corn-starch to it.
• Cook it for 2 more minutes. Then removes it from the stove and keep it aside.
• Turn on the oven and allow it to preheat at 350 F temperature for 3 – 5 minutes.
• Now take out a large sized bowl and pour in baking soda, baking powder salt, sugar, and flour.
• Cut in some butter.
• Wait for the mixture to look like coarse crumbs.
• In a separate bowl mix buttermilk, vanilla n eggs.
• Add it to the crumb mixture and continue to stir it.
• Take out a baking dish.
• Fill it evenly with half of the batter.
• Take the fillings and simply scatter it over the top of the batter.
• Finally, pour the other half of the batter over it.
• For some topping.
• Take a new saucepan and melt some butter.
• Remove the pan from the heat.
• Take some flour and sugar, and add it in the pan.
Finally, allow the coffee cake to be baked in an oven for 40 – 45 minutes.Then, cool it. Our cake is now ready to be served.